gmake[2]: execvp: m68k-rtems-gcc: Too many levels of symbolic links

Gordon Scott g.rtems.a at gscott.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 09:21:53 UTC 2004

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> :)  I tend to do the per-project PATH myself -- I don't even include
> RTEMS in my default path -- especially now that we ship different
> toolsets for different releases.

Yes, that would pretty much force the issue.
I think I'm convinced that remapping is the way to go.

> Given that eCos and RTEMS both use the GNU tools and embedded targets,
> there might be some conflicting tool names or environment variable
> settings.  Do you set GCC_EXEC_PREFIX?

I don't, I just use the path and m68k-rtems-xx filenames. I that
recomendation that I _should_ use GCC_EXEC_PREFIX?

Thanks again for your help.
				Gordon.
--
Gordon Scott				  http://www.gscott.co.uk

		Linux ... Because I like to *get* there today.

Hey, I'm looking for a new job!           See ->  http://www.gscott.co.uk