RTC bsp trouble.

Cedric Aubert cedric_aubert at yahoo.fr
Thu Jan 29 14:30:37 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I try to had a rtc driver into my bsp, and I have some
trouble with it.

First question, I understood that RTEMS only use the
clock ticks to do it's
tod,
it doesn't use the rtc at all. Am I right ?
In fact in need to use (in my application) the
fucntion setRealTimeToRTEMS()
and
setRealTimeFromRTEMS() from my rtc driver to
synchronise RTEMS tod and RTC
tod.
Am I right?

In fact I use the generic rtc driver with
setRealTime(To/From)RTEMS()
functions
provided in libbsp/shared. I make a tod directory, had
it to configure, bsp
makefile
and wrapup makefile.

Now my trouble is in my application compilation, I
can't link with
setRealTimeToRTEMS()
and setRealTimeFromRTEMS() and rtc_initialize
(undefined symbol) , in fact
all function in the generic rtc
driver provide in libbsp/shared/tod.c

Did I make some mistake or miss something ?

Or should am I wrong by using this function in my
application ?

Thanks a lot

Cedric

--