Rtems with Philips LPC2106 ???

Jay Monkman jtm-list-rtems at smoothsmoothie.com
Fri Jan 16 16:35:07 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 04:03:40PM +0000, Thomas Schrein wrote:
> I am thinking about a port of Rtems for the Philips LPC2106.
> This is a brand new chip based on an ARM7TDMI-S Kernel, running 60 MHz,
> 128Kb Flash and 64 Kb Ram, pressed in a nice LQFP48 (7 x 7 mm^2 ) package.

RTEMS runs on other ARM7 CPUs, so it shouldn't be too hard to write a
BSP for the Philips part.

That isn't very much memory, though. I doubt you can use the network
stack without a lot of work.

Here's the sizes for the ticker test on an ARM7:
 115195    3020   21760  139975   222c7 arm-rtems/edb7312/tests/ticker.exe

I know someone was working on a THUMB port, and that would probably
shrink these sizes. I don't know its status, though.