Memory usage

Etienne Fortin etienne.fortin at sensio.tv
Thu Jul 22 12:28:35 UTC 2004

Doing my homeworks... It seems a little rude, I don't want anyone to do
my homework, I can do them myself. I just want to hear from the
experiences of others...

The problem is the memory consumption of RTEMS have a DIRECT impact on
our board design, obviously. And knowing, from the experience of others,
what has been already done in terms of small memory footprint can decide
if yes or no we can go on with RTEMS or if we need to scale back our
software design... And to do that by myself, I need to code, I need
time, I need to try various configurations. I'll do that, but I also
want to know what others did and in what circumstances. I need to know
what level of space optimisation has been already done by others. If it
becomes obvious that I work in an already lost cause, I'll stop. If
someone say "well, we did that, and that, and that in 45k of RAM", well,
I'll know it's worth a try...

Now, back to my homeworks :)

Etienne Fortin
Sensio