MCF5307C3 NE2000 Network Driver

Chris Xenophontos cxenophontos at hammers.com
Tue Jun 1 18:46:47 UTC 2004

This is going back a few years, but has any further progress has been made
with D. Fiddes’ NE2000/DM9008 network driver for the Coldfire 5307?

I’m referring to the one at:
http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/www.calm.hw.ac.uk/davidf/coldfire/rtems.htm

We have taken the existing sbc5307/network directory, integrated it into a
BSP (RTEMS 4.6.0) for the MCF5307C3 Development board, built it, etc.  Upon
initialization, (no bootp), we can observe the following:

-driver attach is successful
-rtems_interrupt_attach returns successful
-tx, rx daemons initialize, and wait for events
-ARP request is seen on the network, with expected mac and Ethernet
addresses.

It appears that the ISR (attached to IRQ3) never gets called.

We’ve checked IRQ3 with an oscilloscope, which is seen to go low (active),
sometime after the ARP request, and stays low, meaning that it is still
masked(?)

Has any more progress been made on this network driver?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris Xenophontos
cxenophontos at hammers.com