MCF5307C3 NE2000 Network Driver

Ian Caddy ianc at microsol.iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 2 01:56:15 UTC 2004

Hi Chris,

We haven't worked directly with that board, but we use the 5307 and
there are a couple of things that you need to check to make sure
interrupts are working.

I assume that you are talking about an external interrupt, is it setup
for autovectoring?

Also if you have a BDM, you can check how the IMR is set or cleared (bit
3 should be cleared) (it must be cleared for the interrupt to work, it
always gets me, I am used to a bit being set in the IMR to get my
interrupt, but not in this processor).

You can also check the IPR (interrupt pending register) to see if the
interrupt is pending (is bit 3 set?).  If it is, it is likely masked in
the IMR.

Also, you will need to check the value in IRQPAR which sets the IRQ3 to
either level 3 or level 6 interrupts.  If IRQPAR bit 6 is cleared, then
it is a level 3 interrupt and the info I gave you above is correct.  If
it is set, then it is a level 6 interrupt and you must look at different
bits in the IMR and IPR and the level 6 autovector must be filled in.

I hope this helps.

regards,

Ian Caddy