HELP: clock_gettime() problem?

Alex kbyte at iol.pt
Mon Mar 8 17:23:55 UTC 2004

Hi,

Do you know why clock_gettime() POSIX call always returns the same value?

See next example:

#include <bsp.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <time.h>

  //GET START TIME
  clock_gettime( CLOCK_REALTIME, &start );

  clock_getres(CLOCK_REALTIME, &resolution);
  //Some active huge delay...
  for(j=0;j<100000;j++)
  {
    for(i=0;i<1000000;i++)
      cI=cI%status;
  }

  //GET STOP TIME
  clock_gettime( CLOCK_REALTIME, &current );

Every time I execute the program I always get the following values:

start.tv_sec=567993600
start.tv_nsec=0

current.tv_sec=567993600
current.tv_nsec=0

Why?

Thanks a lot...

Alex

PS1: rtems version=4.6; bsp=pc686; in a i686 computer
PS2: the clock_getres(CLOCK_REALTIME,&resolution) call
     returns tv_sec=0, tv_nsec=10.000.000