two problems while booting on pc386 : help please

sashti srinivasan svasn_rtems at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 12:23:54 UTC 2004

Hello All

     I compiled rtems for i386 target and pc386 bsp.
I followed the HOWTO manual and made a boot floppy.  I
could boot with hello.exe successfully.  But I get two
other problems.

(1)  I am able boot with tm01.exe, but it prints the
following
*************Timing Test 1 starts**************
Raw Handler connexion failed.

(2)  I wrote a program and tried to boot with this.
Grub reported the following error
HOWTO manual says that we have to change RELOCADDR in
$(prefix)/make/custom/pc386.cfg.  Earlier it was
0x00100000, I changed it to 0x00200000 and recompiled
my program.  Still the same error continues.

    Please help me in getting away with these
problems.

With Regards
Srinivasan