AW: bochs 2.1.1 & vmware & rtems 4.6.1

Sebastian Fischmeister fischmeister at softwareresearch.net
Fri May 7 09:55:21 UTC 2004

> I suspect that Bochs is not simulating all the instructions that the
> pc686 configuration is using/expecting.  The pc386 BSP is configured
> to limit the instructions used.

ok. Vmware  now works and, unfortunately, it produces the same results. As
what I know, vmware does not emulate the instruction set, but uses the local
cpu natively. I tried with different bsp (486,586) and always get different
results, but paranoia never really works (in contrast to my gdb/psim
configuration).

One interesting fact is that on some systems, paranoia hangs after
"X^((X+1)/(X-1)) vs exp(2)".

So I don't think that it is a problem of bochs (or vmware).

Thanks,
  Sebastian