Position independent m68k code + __builtin_memcpy

geneSmith gene.smith at sea.siemens.com
Wed May 19 13:50:25 UTC 2004

Tell me to go away since this is probably really a gcc question.

When I use an old version of m68k-rtems-gcc (2.95.3) and I have a memcpy
call in my code it inlines it automatically (per objdump). When I run
the same code through the new m68k-rtems-gcc (3.2.3) I never get an
inline but a call to the library function (even when I change it to
__builtin_memcpy() and use option -fbuiltin as mentioned in the gcc
3.2.3 manual.

All I can find is that it won't inline memcpy if the length is a
variable. In my case it is a constant.

Anybody know what is going on here?

Tks,
-gene