could task dispatching be enabled in libc_delete_hook() ?

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Nov 11 15:09:11 UTC 2004

Joel.

I'm playing with some code that intends to plug the recently reported
memory leaks caused by libc cleanup code at task deletion.

I came across a problem (PR#716) which could be solved easily
if task dispatching could temporarily be enabled in the libc_delete_hook().

Could you please give an analysis whether this would be safe?

Thanks
-- Till

PS: I believe 716 exists independent of my modifications, it just
is less obvious (since it would only appear if a task with a unflushed
stream other than stdout/stderr is deleted).