gcc 3.4.2 cpu32 patch

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Nov 17 23:58:21 UTC 2004

Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> attached is a patch to gcc 3.4.2 to fix added preprocessor #defines for
> cpu32 targets.  I've included comments for clarity.
>
> I've successfully built an rtems-m68k cross-compiler for my 68331 target
> with this patch.  (I was using peter barada's gcc 3.4.2 CVS repository,
> but this patch should apply to the trunk version as well.)

Is the patch fixing a code gen problem in GCC for the cpu32 ? Just
wishing clarify the purpose of the patch.

If so it maybe a good idea to raise a GCC bug and to attach the patch.

I have a patch for RTEMS which fixes __mc68020__ being defined on all
m68k -m<cpu> options. This breaks RTEMS. I am not sure why this change
has occured.

--
  Chris Johns