Dosfs question..?

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Thu Nov 18 13:45:06 UTC 2004

Daniel,

I did a quick check of source codes, I really don't
know what is going on in your system.

My idea, what you might do:
- Either step into the unlink call and find out
where the error code is set.

- Or: perform a grep over the libfs source code:
grep ENOTDIR cpukit/libfs/src/*/*.c

You will get about 10 results. Set a breakpoint on
every of these lines. Start your code. And look
where the breakpoint is hit.

The rest is analysis then.

By the way: which string do you pass to the unlink
call?

wkr,
Thomas.

> Hello.
>
> I am running rtems 4.6.2 on a ERC32 using TSIM as simulator enviroment. Am
> using dosfs on the ramdisk. Everything works fine, as it should, except the
> removal of files. I try to use the unlink() but it won't accept the file
> (returns "NOT A DIRECTORY"???). What am I doing wrong. Is maybe the
> permissions is f**kt up (does dosfs support permissions because I can't
> change them).
>
> Please help me someone or direct me to some documentation about rtems dosfs.
>

> Many thanks to Thomas Doerfler for providing to the Rtems community with a
> functional format function for dosfs.
>
> Regards
> Daniel Gustavsson

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany