Help moving BSP to 4.7

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Mon Nov 29 20:52:57 UTC 2004

I have a BSP I worked on last spring for the Phytec MPC565 that I'll
move to 4.7 for incorporation.

I figure the best way is:

cvs export the current 4.7 top with date "now";
import that snapshot as a vendor branch locally;
add the MPC565 BSP;
provide the resultant patches after checking that they still apply when
I'm done.

Make sense?

Another question - I wanted to use the download helper to see what tool
versions to use.  Since I build on
FreeBSD I specified "No tool binaries desired" instead of a host.  That
fails:

"There was a problem in running the RTEMS Download Script.

ERROR MESSAGE: Target (powerpc) specified without host

If this problem does not indicate an error in filling out the form and
it persists, please contact webmaster at rtems.com with the following
information:

  want_cxx= no
  want_ada= no
  want_toolsrc= yes
  version= snapshot
  target= powerpc
  host= none
  QUERY_STRING=
version=snapshot&target=powerpc&host=none&want_toolsrc=on"

I plugged in Linux to get the source versions used there.  Is that
error intentional because you might use different tool versions on
different development hosts, or should "want_toolsrc" work without a
specific development host?

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.