gen68360 & termios

Tue Nov 9 22:02:49 UTC 2004

sebastian ssmoller wrote:
> (...)
>
>>>to enable ttyS1 ?
>>
>>If the gen68360 BSP supported more serial ports, they would likely
>>have been registered by  the console driver.  It only
>>registers a single serial port.  Often a single serial port/console
>>driver will register multiple serial ports if it can support them
>>all.
>>
>>AFAIK there is only a single serial port supported so there are
>>no more device drivers in the gen68360.
>>

> hhmm - ok - so in fact there are two hardware serial ports and the 68360
> should support them both (afaik) ...
>
> looking into console/console.c i found lots of code dealing with smc1
> but none dealing with smc2 - so this meens to me two things: i am blind
> XOR i cannot access ttyS2 with this driver ;-)
>
> but console/console.c would be the right place to add this code right ?
>
> (...)

Yes.  There is another 360 BSP in the development tree (csb360) which
might have two ports supported (don't know) and the gen68340 which
might have code that is useful.

> back to the other prob:
>

>>>any ideas while a simple tcgetattr & tcsetattr (without changing
>>>anything ) causes my stdout to be broken ?
>

> what about this - i thought just getting and (re)setting the attr's
> would have no effect ...

<sarcastic mode on> Maybe it really changed something. :)

How is it broken?  Did the baud rate change?  Perhaps the initial
driver settings don't match the defaults that termios thinks.