Bochs users out there?

Wed Oct 13 14:43:40 UTC 2004

Zhang Zhichao-A5057C wrote:
> I used it(version 1, 2) last year, and can boot RTEMS(4.5.0, 4.6.1)
> with GRUB (0.96??). manipulate the image file with winimage.
> And can run nearly all the test program under
> (\c\src\tests\samples,\c\src\tests\sptests,\c\src\tests\tmtests)
> But I failed to enable Bochs's ne2000 NIC with WINPCAP.

Could you post have your bochs configuration file?

Did you build Bochs yourself or use their binary?

Here is the (old) configuration file I have found:

=====================================
egs: 8
boot: a
vgaromimage: bios/VGABIOS-elpin-2.20
floppya: 1_44=/home/joel/floopy , status=inserted
romimage: file=bios/BIOS-bochs-990925a, address=0xf0000
log: ./bochs.out
keyboard_serial_delay: 200
floppy_command_delay: 500
vga_update_interval: 300000
ips:  1000000
mouse: enabled=0
private_colormap: enabled=0
i440fxsupport: enabled=0
newharddrivesupport:
enabled=1

Erwin, your Bochs work was in the contrib directory for the
4.5.0 release (pub/rtems/releases/4.5.0/contrib) and it looks
like that was enough back then to make it work.  Unfortunately,
the world has rotated since then and the Bochs configuration
file looks different (I think).

--joel