Is there a MPCI implementation over TCP/IP ?

Sun Oct 17 14:52:24 UTC 2004

Till Straumann wrote:
> (The subject says it all but the server refuses
> short messages and here we go, blah, blah)

No there currently isn't but it shouldn't be too hard
to write one.  The main issue will be that the MPCI
initialization handler is called before tasking is
started so an MPCI TCP/IP version couldn't really
initialize itself.

I think that if the MPCI initialization routine
didn't do anything, you might be able to get by.

The biggest issue is an RTEID/ORKID behavioral
issue that I thought was wrong then and should
be reworked.  They required the nodes to synchronize
at boot time and then each node had its own
local copy of the name->Id table for global objects.
It would be better to have some type of more
powerful object publication service.

Another side item is that POSIX named objects
like message queues and semaphores could be
converted to RTEMS global objects and each
node then would logically be a process.