Timing of events in an ISR

Mark VanderVoord markvandervoord at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 19 18:41:35 UTC 2004

--- "Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com>"
<joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com> wrote:

> Can you verify that the task's do indeed have
> interrupts
> enabled AFTER the 1st interrupt occurs?  Random
> thought
> ... if the ISR return path may not be restoring
> interrupt
> level correctly, it could accidentally disable
> interrupts
> in the interrupted thread.  Just periodically check
> the
> disable level in the threads.

I've added a request for the task mode before and
after the interrupt setup.  It is 127 in both places,
even the first time it is run!  (It should be 0
because I am running with RTEMS_DEFAULT_MODES).  I
also checked at the very start of the routine.  It is
also 127 here!

I've added a routine to set the mode from within the
task to 0, then immediately check it.  It's again 127.

This is true even if I do not initialize the SPI ISR
to run.

I have never attempted to compile rtems before this
point, but it looks like that is my only option at
this point?

Mark S VanderVoord
Self-Guided Systems, LLC