Ticker problem on ppc405 - FIXED

Ralf Corsepius ralf_corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Oct 20 17:03:06 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 18:32, Smith, Gene wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote, On 10/20/2004 10:49 AM:
>
> <big snip>
>
> >>Just add
> >>#define <bsp.h>
> >>?
> >
> > Yes, cf. PR 696
> > http://www.rtems.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?debug=&database=RTEMS&cmd=view+audit-trail&cmd=view&pr=696
> >

> How do you get a uid/pw to enter bugs or comments here?
> (guest seems to work for read-only)
guest/guest should at least be able to create PRs and probably to append
to PRs. If not, something is broken.

> >>configure.ac here already contains line:
> >>RTEMS_BSPOPTS_SET([PPC_USE_SPRG],[*],[1])
> >>Is this the "magic" for defining it to 1?
> >
> > Not quite, it is the magic to let it default to 1.
> >
> > You can override it when invoking the configure script via an
> > environment variable.
>
> So if I want PPC_USE_SPRG to zero in bspopts.h I could do something like:
> $ export PPC_USE_SPRG=0
> $ ../configure ......
> $ make all
> 		?
Yes, this is one possibility. A better possibility would be to
configure --rtemsbsp=<one single BSP> PPC_USE_SPRG=0 [more options]

However, you mentioned your BSP to be a merger of several other BSPs.
So, the easiest way for you would be to implement a BSP of your own and
change the default there.

RTEMS_BSPOPTS_SET([PPC_USE_SPRG],[*],[0])

[Check other powerpc BSPs' configure.ac's. Several let PPC_USE_SPRG
default to 0]

Ralf