RTEMS 4.6.2 BSP support

Fri Oct 22 12:08:47 UTC 2004

Thomas Doerfler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> apart from the comments of Joel and Ralf: Surely it
> is possible to extract the new BSPs from CVS and
> integrate them locally into the RTEMS 4.6.2 source
> tree, but this might require a lot of tinkering...

At this point, there have been mostly changes to:

   + reduce Makefiles from ~1400 -> ~400
   + eliminate trailing spaces in files
   + move c/src/tests to testsuites
   + transition to ISO C 99 types like int32_t

So the Makefile's have to be completely different
is the current biggest issue.    The 1st and 3rd
make merging patches like the heap modifications
difficult (hint, hint .. please update those)

Other source issues will be creeping in...

   + Tiny RTEMS features like
     - alternate 16 bit ID implementation
     - configure lower number of priorities
     - disable priority inheritance/ceiling
     - ...
   + I am converting .h files to Doxygen
     - SuperCore is probably 60+% complete
   + cleaner build of CPU Kit and BSP Kit so
     binary release of CPU Kit is possible

So in theory it is possible but it is becoming harder
and harder depending upon where you are patching.

--joel