Makefiles

Ralf Corsepius ralf_corsepius at rtems.org
Mon Oct 25 13:47:31 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 15:18, James Yates wrote:
> I am currently using RTEMS on a custom platform which is fully working
> and I am very pleased with results.

Which version of RTEMS are you using? The answer depends on which
version you are using?

>  I have a problem though. I am
> building my application and linking it against RTEMS and all is lovely.
> However, my default CFLAGS has level 1 optimisation turned on, but I
> want to compile a couple of source files with no optimisation. Can
> anyone suggest how I can modify my makefiles to accomadate this since
> the optimisation flag in CFLAGS comes from the BSP.
I don't understand. Do you want your application or some parts of the
source tree to be compiled with different flags?

Do you want this change to be permanent or to be temporary (for
testing/debugging)

>  I thought of
> specifying, in my application makefile, something like a
> NON_OPT_C_PIECES which could be compiled slightly differently, but I am
> unsure about how to make the low level RTEMS makefile infrastructure
> include this within the build. Can anyone help?
Again, I don't understand.

RTEMS application Makefile fragments only affect your applications.
Settings in RTEMS make/custom/*.cfg affect RTEMS globally.

Ralf