Makefiles

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 25 16:34:57 UTC 2004

Jay Monkman wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 04:42:29PM +0100, James Yates wrote:
>
>>This is for RTEMS 4.6.0.
>>
>>   This would be a nice thing to have on a permanent basis. Inside my
>>makefile I have a CFLAGS+=  line.

(I was assuming you are using the template 'Makefile.leaf').

>> When I added -O0 to it, my rtems app
>>seemed to fail to work. I didn't bother investigating this perhaps I
>>should have.

Yes, you should have. I tested 'CFLAGS+= -O0' with one of my applications
and it works fine. Could be that disabling optimization triggers
a bug in your code?

>>Can I then change CFLAGS+=  to CFLAGS =  and use completely different
>>flags in building the app to when I built RTEMS.

Yes, but you are discouraged to do so [unless you really know
what you are doing]. The BSP might know of vital flags which
must not be omitted.

T.