Remote Debugging with Coldfire

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Thu Oct 28 09:01:44 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 23:15, Chris Johns wrote:
> My preference is to use GDB's remote protocol. You may find this SF
> project useful:
>
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/gdbstubs/
>
> Its code is GPL so you will not be able to ship in product without all
> your code needing to be release.
Ooops... Again the same question and again I am scared... :-))
The gdbstub usually is used separately, for example, just as a boot loader. It
is not linked, called or used other way by the application developed.
Does the GPL license oblige the developer to GPL license its code too!???

--
Leon M.Pollak
leonp at plris dot com