cygwin build_alias issue

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Sep 1 04:16:24 UTC 2004

Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote:

> I think I have a hint about this.  My system configures
> correctly when I explicitly specify a single BSP to configure
> with (--enable-rtemsbsp=XXX) but fails with the build_alias
> error when that option is not specified or a set of
> BSPs is specified.

I an not sure if this is related, but it does not hurt to mention it. I
found a bug in the MSYS (MinGW) project's port of Cygwin. The bug report
can be found here:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=2435&atid=102435&func=detail&aid=807543

What I found after a detailed look into the failure is the command line
order to configure effected the failure. As the failure was in a nested
configure call this order was fixed. The bug was triggered by a call to
expr occurring after the --target option processing. It returned the
wrong result.

I know MSYS and Cygwin are not exactly the same code base, how-ever my
point is this could be a shell bug.

--
  Chris Johns