cygwin build_alias issue (and a possible workaround... really this time...)

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Wed Sep 15 16:05:41 UTC 2004

Installed the cygwin1.dll from the 9-14 snapshot.  (I wasn't sure if you
wanted us to test by installing the entire snapshot or just the cygwin1.dll,
so I started with dll.)

Trying with /bin/ash.exe copied to /bin/sh.exe:
   *** CREATE configure.ac ***
   *** GENERATE configure ***
   Running using function ccjfail()...
   *** TEST 0 ***
   *** TEST 1 ***
   *** TEST 2 ***
   *** TEST 3 ***
   *** TEST 4 ***
   *** TEST 5 ***
   *** TEST 6 ***
   *** TEST 7 ***
   *** TEST 8 ***
   *** TEST 9 ***

Appears to have hung here.  Ctrl-c was no help, so the Task Manager was
used to kill the last bash.exe process to restore my Cygwin window.

Next run went on a little longer:
   *** TEST 151 FAILS *** configure: error: invalid feature name: multilib

Note: this test failed almost immediately after I started up another cygwin
instance to test the rtems build.

Once more, while the rtems build is running:
   *** TEST 5 FAILS *** configure: error: invalid feature name: multilib

BTW, the RTEMS build ran to completion...

Tested again with /bin/bash.exe copied to /bin/sh.exe:
   200 iterations and still running!

--
newell