telnetd

Tue Sep 21 13:14:21 UTC 2004

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 23:46, Joel Sherrill  wrote:
>
>>Till Straumann wrote:

>>>Sure - how do we handle the CEXP dependencies, however?
>

> What is CEXP?

Till's "C expression shell" which includes dynamic download
capability.  It is comparable to the boot ROMs used b
a popular commercial RTOS.  You can put it permanently
on a board and then incrementally load your application
on top of the RTEMS/driver base image.

I don't know

>>>Weak linker alias (thought they were not supported on all
>>>RTEMS targets)? I'd be unhappy to continue supporting a separate
>>>version if my changes make it into the 'official' distribution,
>>>of course...
>

> Standard answering template (weak linkage): Conditional compilation.
>
> The configure scripts are able to check whether a tool chain supports
> weak linkage (We already do). We can then disable compilation of the
> code that depends on weak linkage, i.e. conditionally make a feature
> unavailable.

Ralf.. would you please add this test to the CVS trunk?

Till.. could you submit a PR with the latest telnetd as you
want it submitted?  I will merge it with the cexp code
disabled if we beat Ralf (unlikely) :)

If Ralf beats his, he can just let us know what conditional
to test on.