pty

Steve Holle sholle at link-comm.com
Tue Sep 21 17:54:51 UTC 2004

I think I'm missing something that is probably obvious to most of you but
I'm banging my head against the wall.

We have a small system with an in memory file system and I am trying to get
telnetd and pty up.  We have the pty device driver installed and telnetd up
and running and I can connect and get to the "login" point.  No matter what
I enter for a login and password I get back "Login incorrect."  I've tried
Anonymous and anonymous and root with no password.

How do I set up passwords in rtems?  Is there a default login/password that
I'm missing?  I understand I probably need a passwd file but have no idea
how to add it to the project and how I would add passwords to it.

Thanks for your help.

Steve Holle
Link Communications, Inc.
1035 Cerise Rd.