Footprint of RTEMS!!!!

Vivek Dua vivek at Centillium.com
Fri Sep 24 09:23:29 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I could find any answer for the below questions in the previous mailings
hence this question.

Our BU is looking into RTEMS as a possible RTOS for our product.

Since we have strict memory constraint, I would like to know the
following:

1. What is the minimum Footprint (Code + Data + BSS) possible in RTEMS
(bare bone RTOS) without any applications?
2. Is it possible to customize the RTEMS? In other words, is it possible
to include only desirable components of RTOS in the final image? Since
we do not want to include any FFS or network stack in the RTEMS build.

Would be grateful if somebody pitches in to answer this.

Vivek Dua
Centillium Communications.
Bangalore, India.
Office Phone: +91-80-5523575 Ext: 196.