error 105

Steve Holle sholle at link-comm.com
Thu Sep 30 22:59:09 UTC 2004

I increased mbuf capacity and cluster to the values show below and the same
problem occured.

         struct rtems_bsdnet_config rtems_bsdnet_config =
         {
                 &netdriver_config,
                 #if (defined (RTEMS_USE_BOOTP))
                         rtems_bsdnet_do_bootp,
                         75,
                         265*1024,
// Expanded mbuf capacity.
                         512*1024,
// Expanded mbuf cluster capacity.
                 #else
                         NULL,
                         75,
                         0,
// Default mbuf capacity.
                         0,
// Default mbuf cluster capacity.
                 #endif

                 // See below for real example
           NULL,                                                         //
Host name.
           NULL,                                                         //
Domain name.
           NULL,                                                         //
Gateway.
           NULL,                                                         //
Log host.
           {NULL},                                                       //
Name server(s).
     {NULL}                                                              //
NTP server(s)
         };

At 03:49 PM 9/30/2004, Chris Johns wrote:
>Steve Holle wrote:
>>I'm trying to get BOOTP running, and when I enable it I get the following :
>>RTEMS: BOOTP call failed -- error 105
>>Where would I find out what error 105 is?
>
>To find I do:
>
>  $ cd rtems/cpukit
>  $ grep -r "BOOTP call failed" *
>  libnetworking/nfs/bootp_subr.c: panic("BOOTP call failed -- error %d",
> error);
>
>>Any idea what's causing it?
>
>Then looking at the code I see it is an error code from the function
>'bootpc_call'. Another grep shows this function is in the same file, and
>looks like it is the result of calls to socket type functions.
>
>A look in errno.h gives:
>
>  #define ENOBUFS 105     /* No buffer space available */
>
>I see 'bootp_call' returns this value if no mbufs are available.
>
>It your networking code ok ?
>
>--
>  Chris Johns

Steve Holle