Not quite (Cygwin build_alias bug hunt)

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Sat Sep 18 18:59:21 UTC 2004

At 01:43 PM 9/18/2004 , Bogdan Vacaliuc wrote:
>Hi Scott,
>
>> This step failed for me:
>> $ ./bash-2.05b-16.sh prep
>> ./bash-2.05b-16.sh: line 72: syntax error near unexpected token `&&'
>> ./bash-2.05b-16.sh: line 72: `  && touch ${srcdir}/configure'
>
>Hmm.  That's strange.

[snip]

>This happened because you are using /bin/sh.exe <= /bin/bash.exe, I think.

You are correct, sir.  Nice catch!

>> I'm running the test script and a efi332 bsp build right
>> now...we'll see how this works.  (Oh, I did restore the
>> original cygwin1.dll as well.)
>
>Good!

Your test script has hung several times, but the RTEMS builds are cranking
along nicely (two efi332 builds so far, attempting all the m68k bsps now).

If I have time today (and I'm not really wanting to work late), I'll try
blowing away my Cygwin installation and starting over fresh, just to verify
that the new bash.exe fixes the build_alias problem.  I should also be able
to do the same experiment on my home machine tonight.

--
newell