telnetd

Mon Sep 20 21:46:50 UTC 2004

Till Straumann wrote:
> Joel Sherrill  wrote:
>
>> Till Straumann wrote:
>>
>>> I have a modified version of telnetd with a few enhancements.
>>> Since it also supports being built as a loadable  module, it is
>>> easy to find out how to initialize it (init done transparently when
>>> loaded as a module). Just look at the 'cexpModuleInitialize()'
>>> routines...
>>>
>>> www.http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~strauman/rtems/telnetd/index.html
>>

>> Till.. is it OK to put this code in the RTEMS CVS?
>

> Sure - how do we handle the CEXP dependencies, however?
> Weak linker alias (thought they were not supported on all
> RTEMS targets)? I'd be unhappy to continue supporting a separate
> version if my changes make it into the 'official' distribution,
> of course...

Thinking out loud for a minute .. Ralf can slap me if this
is not a good answer.

Since this requires networking and cexp requires
networking, that already assumes a lot on a target.  Do all
targets we want to support networking on already support weak
linker aliases?

Could RTEMS be conditionally built with an --enable-cexp option?

Till if there any chance of getting NFS or your Synergy BSP merged?