Socket calls from timer functions (server based)

Smith, Gene SEA Gene.Smith at siemens.com
Wed Apr 13 00:07:39 UTC 2005

If I try to make a socket call, e.g., setsockopt, from inside the server
based timer action function it fails in _CORE_mutex_Seize apparently
because dispatching is disabled in _Timer_Server_body (file
timeserver.c). Is there anyway around this limitation or should I "don't
do that"?

My timer service routine (TSR), which does socket calls, is called right
after _Thread_Disable_dispatch() in _Timer_Server_body(). I was hoping
my TSR could do anything a normal task could do, i.e., networking calls.

Gene