RFC: Obsoleting or32

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Mon Apr 18 14:32:11 UTC 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> > > www.opencores.org is definitely down.  I don't know how long it has
> > > been down.
> >
> > FYI: I've seen this running around January this year.
>
> What are you referring to their site or the RTEMS or32 port?

Just their site.

> There site currently comes up with a page talking about "technical
> problems, hope to be back soon".

I've seen. IIRC in the January it was running in all its glory with
project listing etc, as it used to run... (I was looking for various
emulators of various CPU which would allow me to run various embedded
OSes, and so I've also looked for or1000 cpu/emulator. As you may know
I've ended with i386-rtems/qemu platform at the end)

> Wrt. the or32 port: IMO, the minimum requirement for a port to stay in
> RTEMS official source tree is to have a functional toolchain, otherwise
> it is impossible to maintain these sources.

Please take this information as just FYI, I'm not connected with
opencores.org projects in anyway, nor with o32-rtems platform.

Cheers,
Karel
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com