RFC: Obsoleting or32

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Mon Apr 25 09:18:30 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 11:58 +0300, Puro Markku wrote:
> OpenRISC1000/1200 is quite active.
> http://www.opencores.org/pnews.cgi/list/or1k?no_loop=yes
>
> There is also "OpenRISC 1000 RTEMS"
> http://www.opencores.org/projects.cgi/web/or1k/rtems
>
> BTW: They have weekly builds for GNU Toolchain and OS ports???
> "The OpenRISC automated testing system (ATS) is, at present,
> a single machine which weekly builds OpenRISC GNU Toolchain and
> OS ports and reports building problems to the developers."
> http://www.opencores.org/projects.cgi/web/or1k/ats
Well, meanwhile, the or32 is gone from RTEMS source-tree, and I don't
see much reason to resurrect it unless OpenCores changes its policy.

They are pretty clear they want to do everything themselves -- nothing
on Earth prevents them from doing so, they forked away from binutils,
gcc and now are being forked away from RTEMS.

I intentionally set a one week deadline, ...

Ralf