Making FAT delete work

Victor V. Vengerov Victor.Vengerov at oktetlabs.ru
Wed Aug 17 13:23:00 UTC 2005

Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote:

> Camilo Alejandro Arboleda wrote:
>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> The patch worked fine, it just genarated some warnings about "hunk #x
>> succeed at line...".
>

> And delete works now?
>
> Please confirm so I can confidently commit the patch to the trunk and
> 4.6 branch.

I have discussed this patch with Nickolay Semenov before he has posted
it to bug tracker.

Note that this patch extends the filesystem API in some way. It allow
filesystem implementation to report that
rtems_filesystem_evaluate_parent() did not support parent directory
evaluation by file name by returning the ENOTSUPP error code. In this
case, directory write permission checks will be ignored. (It has no too
much sense for FAT file system, and, anyway it is better than disallow
file deletion). I'm not sure, it may be reasonable to document this API
change.

Victor

--
Victor Vengerov