cheap RTEMS/PowerPC platform [was: Re: Open Desktop Workstation]

Raquel and Bill bbrv at genesi-usa.com
Wed Aug 24 16:52:07 UTC 2005

That is not an entirely accurate accounting.  The ODW is a complete
machine (in a case with PSU, graphics card, memory, hard drive,
cables, etc.) with all the I/O you could want.  The others are just
boards.

The earlier comparison to the MacMini would be more appropriate.  The
difference is the ODW has three PCI and one AGP slot and plenty more
expandability.  You can upgrade the CPU card, graphics card, or
memory on the ODW, for example.

The ODW is also support multiple operating systems.  We thought RTEMS
could be one of them.  We are even willing to provide FREE hardware
to developers that are interested in supporting the port.

We joined the list and made the initial post because we had an
inquiry from a customer that wanted to have RTEMS running on the
platform.  Is there any interest?

Hope that clears things up!  :-)

Bill

>>> http://www.intrinsyc.com/products/mob_ref_sys/cerfcube_405_ep/