Open Desktop Workstation

Kate Feng feng1 at bnl.gov
Wed Aug 24 21:20:19 UTC 2005

Raquel Velasco and Bill Buck wrote:

> Hello, we developed and produce this PowerPC based machine.
>
> http://www.pegasosppc.com/odw.php
>
> We have had a customer request to run RTEMS on the platform.  We have
> been through some of the PowerPC related discussion on the mailing
> lists and there seems to be existing support for the ISA.  Would
> anyone on this list be interested in working toward a port?  We would
> be willing to provide machines to support the effort.
>
> Bill Buck
> Genesi

It seems to be similar to what we need, except we need  a four times
faster processor  with xGHZ range of I/O and data trasfers plus FPGAs
for some embedded design.  Otherwise we might be interested.
Or otherwise, yes, Linux might be easier an approach for our
platform.

The mvme6100 BSP that Till Straumann is developing uses the
Marvell Discovery II,  which might be something you can start
with such as the Marvell 1GHZ network.

http://www.acttechnico.com/mvme6100.pdf

> is there anybody here working on driver for Yukon/Marvell Gig.
Ethernet
> NIC?

Kate