rtems api to the TFS filesystem (Ed's Micromonitor)

Ed Sutter esutter at lucent.com
Thu Aug 25 15:21:24 UTC 2005

Joel & all,
I directly sent Camilo the files to hook up uMon's TFS to RTEMS.
I'm assuming attachment of a .tgz file to the mail list is a bad thing.

Anyway, I need to get off my butt and integrate uMon hookup into RTEMS
officially.  I have a relatively clean hookup procedure that I use by
just inserting a few files into the lib/libbsp/shared/ directory, adding
a call to monConnect() at the top of boot_card() and wrapping the code
with an #ifdef __UMON__; however I doubt that's the way to officially
go.

Assuming this is useful to the RTEMS project in general, are there any
guidelines on how this is to be done?  Do other bootloaders typically
provide an API for use by the application?
If yes, how are they hooked to RTEMS?

Ed