USB support

Mark Johannes mark.johannes at oarcorp.com
Wed Dec 21 21:06:57 UTC 2005

Jerry,

We added the clause to protect RTEMS and its parts (those that are not
covered by other licenses such as openBSD, etc...) and to allow the end user
not to be forced to provide their code under the GPL as well (the
contamination problem of GPL).

A true GPL'ed piece of code would prohibit its use by proprietary
applications.  This is not the intent of the RTEMS license.  Therefore, we
would have to analyze the exact license that you intend to apply.  Please do
not take this as we do not want your submission, we just have to careful to
protect our users and the OS itself.

Thanks,

Mark Johannes
OAR Corporation