Event not timing out with a wait of 1 tick (and sometimes 2)

Steven Johnson sjohnson at sakuraindustries.com
Fri Dec 23 19:36:39 UTC 2005

Hi,

We have finally been able to test Ian's fix, sorry for the delay.

Following is a brief description of what we did, because it didnt work
for us, but we also had to change the code a little to do the test which
may have broken it if our understanding isnt correct.

We assume that Ian meant delta_interval not delta_count as there is no
delta_count variable (at least not where the compiler could see).

The compiler got tricky and read a bit from the condition register and
added it to r8 to perform the "if zero do a ++" code. So we changed it
to "if zero then set to 1". (so we could put a breakpoint on it)

We also had code in watchdog_tickle.c, that went, "if
the_watchdog->delta_interval == 0 then the_watchdog->delta_interval =
1". A breakpoint on that "the_watchdog->delta_interval = 1" in
watchdog_tickle.c got hit several times, but the one in watchdog_insert
did not get hit.

Best Regards, and Merry Christmas,
Steven Johnson