GMS/GPS with RTEMS (former Re: GPRS with RTEMS)?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Dec 16 06:23:23 UTC 2005

Sam wrote:

> I just found out I made a serious typo and mistake in typing the name, I
> really meant GSM/GPS rather.

Ah yes, this is different.

> I would like to know what kind of SBC (like
> handheld small board) and software I can use for building a GSM/GPS
> application based on RTEMS.

It is difficult to comment as you do not detail the requirements of the
application.

> I found that  Intel® XScale™ uSBC from
> http://www.cogcomp.com/ is a very efficient and powerful hardware can be
> relied on. But Microcross does not offer development tools base on RTEMS.
> What is the effort of developing GSM/GPS application based on RTEMS and
> port it over to a reliable and efficient platform like Intel® XScale™
> uSBC?
>
> Any other alternativies?

Did you check the Wiki:

  http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/BoardSupportPackageInformation

If you look under the ARM section and you will see references to Cogent
boards. I just added links to the Wiki to Cogent's web site.

Regards
Chris