powerpc-rtems-4.7-gcc-4.0 patch commited

David Querbach querbach at realtime.bc.ca
Thu Feb 17 20:47:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 09:00:51PM +0300, Sergei Organov wrote:

> Ralf Corsepius <ralf.corsepius at rtems.org> writes:
> [...]
> > m505;@mcpu=505 at mrelocatable-lib@mno-eabi at mstrict-align
>
> To further qualify the current situation. There is mpc5xx CPU support in
> the tree that has nothing to do with mpc505/mpc509. Instead it targets
> mpc555 (and maybe mpc565 and mpc566) that are quite different from
> 505/509. If this multilib variant is supposed to support this mpc5xx
> port, I think it should use another name and mcpu= target.
>
> Well, in fact I don't think there will be any difference in compiled
> code if you change mcpu=505 to mcpu=555 as both seem to share the same
> core. Anyway, the target is confusing.

The ss555 BSP uses -mcpu=505, because as far as I can tell, it's the most
appropriate gcc cpu variant for the MPC555.  From what I can see in the
source for gcc (up to 3.4.1), there is no other -mcpu=5xx variant available.

If a 555 variant has been added in newer versions of gcc, I'd like a chance
to test it before the m505 multilib disappears.

Regards,

David Querbach
Real-Time Systems Inc.