Missing "exceptions/asm_utils.o" for powerpc 4.7

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Sun Feb 20 15:45:34 UTC 2005

OK, my build ran for quite a while (multilibs take forever!) and it
finally failed with:

"powerpc-rtems-gcc: exceptions/asm_utils.o: No such file or directory"

in directory
rtems-4.7/powerpc-rtems/c/mvme500/lib/libcpu/powerpc/mpc6xx (bottom of
log attached).

The configuration is now (from config.status):

rtems config.status 4.6.99.1
configured by ../../tools/rtems-4.7/configure, generated by GNU
Autoconf 2.59,
   with options \"'--target=powerpc-rtems'
   '--prefix=/opt/rtems-4.7'
   '--enable-posix'
   '--enable-networking'
   '--enable-cxx'
   '--enable-rtems-debug'
   '--disable-itron'
   '--enable-multilib'
   '--enable-maintainer-mode'
   '--with-cpu=7450'
   '--enable-rtemsbsp=mvme5500'
   'target_alias=powerpc-rtems'\"

and I've set CC_FOR_TARGET to powerpc-rtems-gcc and CXX_FOR_TARGET to
powerpc-rtems-g++ in the environment prior to the configuration.

They are both version "4.0.0 20050130 (experimental)".

Since this is in a directory named "exceptions", I'm wondering if I
have a new exception versus old exception type of problem (I don't know
much about that yet, but I see it talked about a lot) and if I need to
add something else.

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.