No rule to make target `new-exceptions/cpu.c'

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Wed Feb 23 16:59:26 UTC 2005

I've gone through the configuration and build on Fedora 3 now as well
as FreeBSD.  When I try to build psim (or mvme5500, which is what I
eventually want to get to) on both systems it eventually stops with:

*** No rule to make target `new-exceptions/cpu.c', needed by
`new-exceptions/new_exceptions_rtems_cpu_rel-cpu.o'.  Stop.

The configuration I'm using is:

../rtems4.7/configure
--target=powerpc-rtems
--enable-maintainer-mode
--prefix=/opt/rtems-4.7
--disable-posix
--disable-networking
--disable-cxx
--disable-multilib

and the behavior is the same whether I add "--enable-rtemsbsp=psim" or
leave it out and do make RTEMS_BSP=psim.

Since there has been a lot of discussion of new-exceptions, can someone
verify that psim should build OK if I've got things configured
correctly?

Thanks -

Peter

Peter Dufault