task exit

Smith, Gene gene.smith at siemens.com
Mon Feb 14 21:20:14 UTC 2005

Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote, On 2/14/2005 2:58 PM:

> I didn't see my response on the archives so here it is again:
>
> Classic API tasks returning is considered a fatal error.
>
> POSIX threads may return without problem.  If the attach attribute is
> set correctly, then you may "join" with them when they exit.  This is
> controllable on a per thread basis.  If a thread is "detached", then it
> silently returns.

Thought a task returning was my problem but wasn't. Was just hitting a
rtems_panic (I did not see message on console, duh) and stack in
debugger showed c_rtems_main() had returned (just like init() looked
before I set it to delete itself before it can return). Anyhow, thanks
for info on tasks returning.