cpukit/bspkit split.

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Tue Feb 22 11:37:53 UTC 2005

Hi,

I missed the beginning of this discussion thread (and the
related once), but now, since things are getting a bit more
concrete, I would join in:

> Are these device drivers supposed to be part of cpukit? If not, and I do
> think they shouldn't be, then the question is irrelevant to the cpukit
> interface, -- all these definitions should be put into another file that
> must not be included by the header that defines cpukit interface.

I agree totally. In cpukit, only those vector number should be
defined, which belong to the cpu core. In fact for PowerPC,
these vector numbers are "exception vectors", not interrupt
vectors. Unfortunately, the exception vector numbers differ
slightly from CPU core to CPU core.

The interrupt vector numbers are more or less PIC dependant,
although they might be shared between boards with the same
integrated chips like MPC860 or MPC8260. So they should be
located somewhere in a bsp/shared directory (how about something
like: lib/libbsp/powerpc/shared/mpc860/include/mpc860.h)

wkr,
Thomas.

> --
> Sergei.