MVME5500 status, and on to PMC interrupts

Kate Feng feng1 at bnl.gov
Mon Feb 28 14:24:00 UTC 2005

Peter Dufault wrote:

> I've made some progress with the MVME5500 and I'm starting to see
> what's up with the PCI stuff.
>
> By using the "BSP_PCIxFindDevice" instead of BSP_PciFindDevice in the
> mvme5500 tree and keepintg track of which "pci_num" the PMC modules
> were found on, I could then use "PCIx_read_config_dword" and friends to
> get both of the two PMC boards mounted on the MVME5500 working, or at
> least decoded into I/O space and with assigned interrupts.
>
> The PMC card on the other side of the DEC bridge on the PMC_SPAN
> daughter card seems to return data, but any attempts to access the
> returned address space crashes.

Perhaps, it will help if you can describe your  complete PMC system
configuration
with the module names and function  Exactly which card is on the PMC1,
PMC2,
and PMC_SPAN ?  I got bits of information from different E-mail you
posted.
I am still not positive about  what the complete system configuration is.

Regards,
Kate