rpm error

Mark Vander Voord mvandervoord at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 19:26:49 UTC 2005

Ed:

I'm not an RPM expert, so this may not be correct.  I believe,
however, that the error that you are getting means that the packages
you are trying to install are built for i686, but the packages that
they depend on that are on your system are not.  RH9 is compiled for
i386, I believe.

I believe this means that you need to recompile the rpm's for yourself
targeting i386.

Anyone more familiar with RPM's agree with this?

--
Mark S VanderVoord
Self-Guided Systems, LLC