Issue with C++ exception handling with 4.6.2 release on PSIM BSP

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Tue Jan 11 00:08:54 UTC 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote:

> Karel Gardas wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > after non-success with ARM/RTEMS, I'm trying to get C++ working for
> > PowerPC/RTEMS. Unfortunatelly it seems something is broken with exception
> > handling. I've slightly modified hello_world_c to:
>
> Everything has to be "just so" for exceptions to work.  It requires
> some magic in the bsp_specs and linkcmds.
>
> psim has had a lot of work since 4.6.2 and C++ exceptions should work
> now on the 4.6 branch.  It was converted from the old to the new
> exception model as part of fixing some outstanding issues like this
> one.
>
> If you REALLY want C++ exceptions with psim, then I suggestion you
> get the diff post 4.6.2 on the 4.6 branch from CVS.

I've got CVS sources (rtems-4-6-branch), installed newer autoconf/automake
and given it a try and you are right! C++ exception handling is working
and not only, also issue reported in my email `Issue with iostream-based
hello world example with 4.6.2 release on PSIM BSP' is also fixed!

Thanks!
Karel
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com