GCC 3.4.x + RTEMS 4.6.2 release.

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu Jan 13 10:45:36 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 11:24 +0100, Karel Gardas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since I have kind of strange issues with gcc3.2.3 as adviced to be used
> with 4.6.2 release in its documentation, I would like to ask if anybody
> here does have some experience with gcc 3.4.x with the latest RTEMS
> release.

Well, gcc-3.4.x is not supported by rtems-4.6.x at all, because all
GCC > 3.2.x related development is taking place in RTEMS-CVS/HEAD.

=> YMMV at large ranges.

I haven't tried recently, but I would not expect GCC >= 3.3.x to work
with rtems-4.2.x.

>  The patch gcc-3.4.0-rtems-20040510.diff on ftp.rtems.com looks
> really small. Does it means that every rtems related change against older
> gcc versions are already merged into the 3.4.x branch?
Theoretically yes.

In practice, all important ones are supposed to be in GCC's 3.4-branch,
while some minor patches are still queued for submission to GCC.

Ralf